SAP HANA 2
- SAP announced SAP HANA 2 Platform on November 8th 2016. These announcement made at SAP Teched, Barcelona. SAP HANA was released in 2010.
- Bernd Leukert who is member of the Executive board of Products and Innovation, SAP SE said that ” SAP pioneered in-memory computing with launch of HANA in 2010 and throughout this journey we have driven breakthrough innovation on a highly stable core data platform for our customers. The release of SAP HANA 2 marks a milestone in the industry, as it represents the next generation of SAP HANA that would propel customers toward successful & prosperous digital future”.
- SAP HANA 2 will be released to customers on or before 30th November 2016
- SAP HANA 2 Express Edition will be available after GA.
- SAP HANA 2 Express Edition can run on laptops, cloud hosted VMs with 32 GB RAM.
- SAP HANA SPS12 Maintenance Ends in May 2019.
What is the Upgrade path from SAP HANA old versions to SAP HANA 2?
- It is very simple. It is not database migration.
- You can upgrade directly from SAP HANA SPS 12.
- You can upgrade directly from SAP HANA SPS 11
- You can directly upgrade from SAP HANA SPS 10
- You should first upgrade to SAP HANA SPS 12 if you are on less than SPS 10.
- Check PAM for OS supported versions.
When the first release of SAP HANA 2 planned?
- SAP HANA 2 planned to release end of November 2016.
What is SAP HANA Express Edition?
- SAP HANA Express edition is basic version of SAP HANA. It can run on laptops, desktops, cloud VMs.
- SAP HANA Express edition is based on SAP HANA SPS 12.
SAP HANA 2 Features:
- DB Management:
This version helps your company to ensure business continuity with high-availability, security & admin enhancements. For an example, new active / active read-enabled feature helps IT take advantage of secondary systems this is Previously used for only system replication 2 improve operations by offloading read-intensive workloads.
- Data management:
With SAP HANA 2 release you can make the all data no matter where it resides, with enhancements to enterprise modeling, data quality, and dynamic tiering.
- Analytical intelligence:
SAP HANA 2 has new algorithms for classification, time series and association, and regression to the predictive analytics library by enabling data scientists to discover new patterns and incorporate machine learning for custom applications.
- Application development:
SAP HANA 2 helps developers to build and deploy next-generation applications. Ex: a new file-processor API lets developers embed file filters into applications to extract text from documents to deliver indepth insights.
SAP is going to provide SAP HANA 2 Webinar Sessions.
Dial-in and join our SAP HANA 2 live expert sessions to learn more (note all sessions will be recorded):
|Date||Session Title||Presenter||Start Time||Duration||Download the meeting invitation|
|Dec 1||SAP HANA 2 Overview||Lori Vanourek||4 pm CET||0.5 hours||Download Invite|
|Dec 2||What’s New – SAP HANA Workload Management||Ruediger Karl||5 pm CET||1 hour||Download Invite|
|Dec 2||What’s New – Data Integration||Sumit Kundu, Aleks Aleksic, Richard LeBlanc||6 pm CET||1 hour||Download Invite|
|Dec 5||What’s New – Security||Andrea Kristin||3 pm CET||0.5 hours||Download Invite|
|Dec 5||What’s New – SAP HANA Dynamic Tiering Foundation||Courtney Claussen, Ruediger Karl, Robert Waywell||4 pm CET||1 hour||Download Invite|
|Dec 5||What’s New – Developer||Thomas Jung, Rich Heilman, Lucas Kiesow||6 pm CET||2 hours||Download Invite|
|Dec 6||What’s New – Data Center Mission Critical Operation||Ralf Czekalla, Jan Teichmann, Jorg Hoffmeister||4 pm CET||2 hours||Download Invite|
|Dec 6||What’s New – Dynamic Tiering Operations||Courtney Classen, Ruediger Karl||6 pm CET||1 hour||Download Invite|
|Dec 7||What’s New – Operations||Jose Ramos, Stephanie Lewellen||4 pm CET||1 hour||Download Invite|
|Dec 8||What’s New – Advanced Analyst in SAP HANA||Markus Fath, Anthony Waite, Ashok Swaminathan, Jeff Wootton||4 pm CET||2 hours||Download Invite|
|Dec 9||What’s New – SAP HANA View Modeling||Christoph Morgen||4 pm CET||1 hour||Download Invite|
|Dec 13||What’s New – Performance Management Tools||Lukas Kiesow||5 pm CET||1.5 hours||Download Invite|