Installation of SAP BOBJ on Windows with sybase ASE database
Planning of SAP Business Intelligence (BOBJ) installation:
- Before you install please go to PAM and check supported operating systems and databases
- By default Sybase SQL Anywhere database will be deployed with SAP BOBJ 4.2 installation. You have to decide whether you need to keep this or install another database.
- By default Tomcat 8 web application server will be installed. You will have to decide on web application server options too.
SAP Business Objects Business Intelligence installation preparation on Windows:
- You should have enough disk space for bobj software and Operating system
- Download Installation media from SMP.
- Decide the installation values which you will get while installation.
- Get ready with Product Key.
- If you are not using Tomcat, get ready with other web application server.
- You should have only windows 64 bit operating system.
- Install Java 8 64 bit version.
- Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package. Download it from here
- Ensure you installed support .net framework. Click here to see .net framework installation.
- You should have at least 2 GB disk space for Temporary files and web applications.
- Ensure installation software path should be 256 characters length.
Sybase DB requirements:
- Create CMS and Audit databases
- DB server should use Unicode character encoding (UTF – 8).
- Create database with page size of 8 KB. Do not continue with default 2 KB.
Sybase ASE Installation:
- Go to software location and Click on Setup
- Double click on Setup or Right click on Setup and choose “Run as administrator“
- Click on Next
- Choose Destination Drive as per your requirement and Click on Next
- Select installation set as per your requirement and click on Next
- Provide the password and click on Next
- I selected “Install licensed copy of SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise”. Choose License type as per your requirement and click on Next
- Select Geographic location as per your requirement and Accept End-user License Agreement and Click on Next
- Choose sybase license if you have the one or select “Continue installation without a license key” if want to install license later on and Click on Next
- Select “Product License type” as per your requirement and Click on Next
- Provide SMTP details and click on Next
- click on Install to start the installation.
- After sometime You will see below screen
- Choose Options as per your requirement and Click on Next
- Select Yes and provide sidadm user and Click on Next
- Provide destination directory and Choose Next
- Here select Page size “8k” and Default Character set “utf8: Unidoe 3.1 UTF-8 Character Set” options and Click on Next
- Choose options as per your requirement and click on Next
- Provide details for backup server and click on Next
- Provide details to XP server and click on Next
- Provide details for Job scheduler and click on Next
- Nothing to do in the above step just click on Next
- Provide cockpit hosts details and click on Next
- Provide passwords for cockpit users and click on Next
- Select Yes in the above screen and click on Next
- Verify all the details and click on Next to complete the installation
- SAP Sybase database installation finished. Click on Done to close the window
Click here to see Post installation steps of SAP Sybase ASE database installation
Click here to see SAP Bobj Installation steps on Windows with SAP Sybase ASE database installation