SAP BOBJ Installation on Linux Environment
- Make sure you have enough disk space on file systems.
- Download the installation media and Latest patches to install.
- Make sure you have valid product key to provide during installation.
- Make sure in which file system you are going to install.
- Make sure you have all the details of Web application server if you are not using default one.
- Make sure you are aware of ports numbers you are going to use.
- Only 64 bit Operating systems are supported
- 2 GB temp disk space required for temp files and Web applications.
- Make sure full patch of Directory and files less than 256 characters length.
- Ensure below libs are installed in Linux system.
If the above libraries are not installed you may face errors while doing installation of SAP Business Objects Business Intelligence platform.
- Ensure You have sufficient Virtual Memory
- Before you start SAP BOBJ Installation make sure you set timezone correctly using TZ environment variable.
- Create CMS database and Audit database. Click Here to see the documents.
- In this guide I used Sybase ASE as database
Step by step procedure Installation of SAP BOBJ
Go to software folder and type ./setup.sh
You will receive below screen.
Select the language and Hit Enter
Select the destination folder and Hit Enter.
You will receive below screens.
Accept the License Agreement by press “Enter” button
Provide the Product Key and Hit Enter
Select the language and Hit Enter.
Select the Installation Type and Hit Enter.
I choose Second option since I already installed and Created DB for BOBJ. Click here for Documentation which I followed
Select CMS Database type and Hit Enter
Select Databse Type for Auditing database and Hit Enter.
Select the Web application server and Hit Enter. I select to install Tomcat Java Web application server.
Select Version Management for your SAP Bobj installation and Hit Enter.
Provide Node name and Server Intelligence Agent Port number. Here I gave hostname as node name and Port number is 6410.
Here provide port number for Central Management server. Default port number of Central Management server is 6400. I choose default port number.
in the above screen provide passwords for Administrator account and CMS cluster key. Administrator user will be used to login to CMS and CMC to perform SAP BO admin activities.
In the above screen provide sybase service name. (I gave hostname) and password for CMS user and Hit enter.
Here provide details for Auditing database as provided for CMS database in the above screenshots. user name is same “CMSUSER”.
Provide port numbers for tomcat which are connection port, shutdown port and redirect port.
Select HTTP listening port
provide details for “Configure Subversion” screen.
Select Solution Manager Diagnostics option as per your requirement.
Select option for Introscope Enterprise Manager as per your requirement and go
the system will ask for confirmation to start the installation. Continue here.
After sometime system will ask for Post Installation steps and provide instructions. Perform as suggested above and continue
Installation has been completed. Hit Enter to exit.